Considering the Home’s Interior
- Is the home divided into three distinct zones for working, living and sleeping?
- Are eating areas (including those outdoors) easily accessible from the kitchen?
- Does traffic through the kitchen flow outside the work area?
- Are the stove, sink and refrigerator just steps apart in an efficient triangular configuration?
- Do open appliance doors block doorways, cabinets or each other?
- Do bedrooms have two uninterrupted wall surfaces for easy furniture arrangement?
- Are baths accessible without having to cross a bedroom or other living space?
- Does the main entry lead guests directly to the living room or make them figure out which way to go?